Day 30 - Comparisons

Sun in Sagittarius, Moon in Libra - Waning.

Last Day of the Drawing Challenge - I don't think i like finishing things because i sure did drag this out!

Find a drawing you did within the last year. Now draw it again using what you've learned! Link it for comparison!

Todays flamingos #Improvement Hell

last years flamingos
I chose a sketch i did of a girl being a flamingo. 

At the time the colours of images of flamingos delighted me - PINKS! I had a big pink 1970's can-can dancers tutu under my wedding dress i called the flamingo - it was so big it had a life of its own! This was all new as I had never really embraced pink, in fact it often made me feel ill with its sickly sweetness and as a kid i think I liked blue just to rebel!

But pink has gotten under my skin and its feminine qualities and softness have now been embraced - hurrah!

A year later i think this image is about being able to embrace my own beauty - It is ok for me to be pretty and like pretty things and still be a strong, empowered woman and so as i stand on one leg in balance and reach for the sky i take back Pink! I take back my own version of beauty and how i want to express that, i no longer put myself down, judge, criticise myself or compare myself to others or mass medias beauty conventions - i am just happily, joyously me, flamingo and all!

Blessed Be xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment