Day 16 - Draw a Single Page Comic

Sun in Scorpio, Moon in Capricorn, Waxing Moon.

Today's drawing adventure has been my favourite so far! 

Day 16 - Draw a one page comic with 5-7 panels (the story begins and ends on one page)

Single Page Comic - #Improvement Hell
I would like to do a 'good copy' of this one with colour and everything!

This is the story of my pet snail Wembley - who has become legend in my family and i now cant quite remember the truth from a good story but never the less it's now immortalised as a comic! 
I thought it was my first comic but i remember doing one when i was 12 called Vivisection.  It had evil mad scientists and crying bunnies in cages but it was all very comical and silly really - i think i still have it around somewhere... i will have to dig it up.

Right at the beginning of this drawing challenge, which i think more of now as a drawing adventure, i said i wanted to be an illustrator or comic book artist/writer and ta-dah day 16 i am one small step on my way!

When i was still employed by someone other than myself and dreaming of escape i remember one day sitting at my desk and in a wee moment of spare time researching animation schools and crying into my tea with longing to do something new with my life. In that moment i stumbled upon a blog by a student animator from America called MargoPear and every week at work i would sneak time at work to peruse her blog, her learning, her animations and her online comic with wonder.

So a big thank you to Margot Perrie for inspiring me. 
She has now moved her blog over to http://margaretperrie.blogspot.com/ go check it out.

Much Art Love to you all
Peace out dudes! xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment