Day 23 - Colours!

Sun in Scorpio, Moon in Taurus, Waxing Moon.

Wowee day 23 - Time sure does fly! 

Gosh, and that means there is only one week to go. You know what - i think i am going to miss this drawing challenge when it's over... before i get the violins out lets have a look at todays offering!

Colours! Pick a colour palette and paint a scene/character/object using only those colours some blending allowed. 

The Colour Lovers website was filled to the BRIM with colour combinations - there were a gagillion of them! 
Soooo inspiring, a great way to open up my use of colour - i am guilty of just painting with my favourite bright rainbow and thats it!!
So how do you just pick one palette? I selected the 'favourite' palettes and then looked at the names to help me pick

I chose 'It's Raining Love!' Still quite bright but definitely different shades than i am used to using - it is sooo lovely to mix my own colours, it's like paint potions!

Next time i think i will play a game, like randomly select a number from 1 - 100,000,000 (or however many there are!) and that's the page to go to and then 'eeny mieny miny moe' it. However you chose, it is most certainly another fantastic tool - hooray for the drawing challenge!


Colours #Improvement Hell

It is such a joy to get to play with paint today, I used a big brush on a ratty old recycled canvas to keep me loose and focused on the colour and joy of the paint rather than getting hung up on the details and perfection. It was a treat to do such a quick, fun painting, with a new mix of colours - Yay! 

I want to do a whole series of images inspired by my yoga practise so this may just be the beginning!

I'm very curious to learn any nifty ideas or games you may have for choosing a colour palette from the Colour Love site, so please so share!

Love Love Love It's Raining Love!

xx





0 comments:

Post a Comment