Day 17 - Draw an animal

Sun in Scorpio, Moon in Capricorn, Waxing

My Husband told me a sad thing last night, he had heard it on Facebook so i don't know the truth of it but he said that the Black Rhinoceros is extinct! 
Oh that made me so sad, what a loss for our planet. Such an amazing creature, so dinosaur like, the rhinoceros reminds me of the triceratops - my favourite dinosaur that i learnt about in school.
I have done a little googling and couldn't find anything on its extinction exactly but there was information on its endangered status, which is sad enough.

All animals are sacred and wondrous to me but there is something about the African animals that sparks something for me - Lion, Zebra, Hippopotamus,  Rhinoceros, Giraffe  Elephant - such amazing animals, so unusual, larger than life, full of personality, power and connected to an ancient mysterious world. 

It got me thinking ... what does it mean for us as a collective energy on the earth when an animal becomes extinct? If we are all connected to the web of life and creation and all integral to one another, how does the loss of a species affect us on a spirit level? 

Ted Andrews in his beautiful book Animal Speak talks about the key energy of the Rhinoceros being of Ancient Wisdom and that they are the embodiment of the mystery school axiom "Know Thyself". I think it's time for us as a collective to tune into the energy of the Rhinoceros, our inner knowing and wisdom and connection to our ancestors and the ancient wisdom of the earth and her creations - it's all there waiting for us to listen, all we have to do is slow down and take some time to tune in.



I feel loss in my heart and a powerlessness as i contemplate the endangered animals of our planet. I don't feel anyone creature is worth more than the other, all animals, all plants, all beings on this planet are our kin. We are all made of the same stuff, we all live and die and share the Mother Earth together... Lots to ponder.

I awoke this morning with the rhinoceros still on my mind which fits with today's drawing challenge which was to draw an animal you've never drawn before, so here's to the Black Rhinoceros.




The rest of the challenge said to draw the animal 10 times but seeing as there are so many animals i haven't drawn before i was more interested in drawing 9 other animals i haven't drawn before! Ummm -maah rule bending - he hee! 

Chameleon and Beaver

Swan and Deer

Fox

Platypus and Starfish

Badger

And really what animal collective would be complete without the crazy Animal - love that Muppet!



Animal!

That's all folks!

Happy animal contemplations to you xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment