Day 20 - Household objects

Sun in Scorpio, Moon in Pisces, Waxing moon 

Day 20 - Pick an object in your house. Now design a character from it, using the shapes, forms, textures, purpose and colours as inspiration. Link the original object.



Spinning Wheel

Spinning Spider

Looking up from todays challenge i spied my spinning wheel, a beautiful wooden delight, sadly now gathering dust in the corner of the lounge room. 

I have always wanted to learn how to spin and my lovely neighbour gifted me this wheel, it was her aunts and I am reminded today that it is time to fix its string and learn to spin.

I have even heard about a spinning craft group i could attend to learn the skill, ok i am getting this creative nudge loud and clear! It's time to dust her off and put my beginners hat on and go and surround myself with some nice crafty Nannas and learn to spin!

The magik, symbolism and mythology associated with the spinning wheel was what first attracted me to the craft. Let alone the beauty of the wheel itself. Tales of women spinning into trance to receive visions, the spinning women of the Fates spinning the web of our lives and lets not forget the enchanted wheel that will make a princess sleep for a thousand years! 

I don't know what i want to do with my spun wool - maybe crochet a vest or connect into some ancient visionary spinning of my own - but hopefully not fall asleep!

zzzzzz zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz



2 comments:

  1. These have all been great, but I really like this spider! And that the spun thread could be like its web - very cool.

    I've popped in to the Spinners and Weaver Guild here in Melbourne a few times and they are THE NICEST people. You should definitely do it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you Sivonne! For your lovely words and the encouragement - i will definitely have to go visit the spinning group now :)

      Delete