The beginnings of 'earth heart art'

Sun in Leo, Moon in Leo, Almost Dark Moon

Hello out there whom ever you are,


Today i would like to share with you a story about some creations that have been emerging and the story of their beginnings.


Last year i began learning about shamanism, an ancient mystery earth wisdom tradition spanning many indigenous cultures the world over with some beautiful, amazing, inspiring teachers Sa and Claudio - you can find them at www.sacredradiance.net and it is here that the seeds of these creations were planted.


Sometimes I am blessed with dreams at night that speak to me very loudly the next morning when i wake up, these are the ones when i know i need to pay attention! One such dream at the beginning of my shamanic adventure was of a very large red parrot coming down from above, i quickly laid down on the ground so it could land on my belly. 
One of my sisters in the group explained that it was probably a jungle macaw and upon research of these birds confirmed that it was!


One evening i was using one of Sa's Shaman Oracle Cards by John Matthews and Wil Kinghan, the card that came to me had the image of a stag horn and was about skill, animal connection, and harnessing abilities we had not yet discovered. A small stag horn and eagle feather was suspended from the roof above my head as i pondered the card, Sa spoke to me about making medicine tools - i had never done such a thing, and i was almost vegan, i couldn't fathom the animal cruelty but she assured me that animals die and rather than waste the body, sacred objects can be made with great reverence to honour the spirit of the animal and carry the medicine - the magic, the power the energy of the animal, in the tool that is crafted.


A few weeks later i dreamed of a small green parrot laying down and offering me its wing to take and use as a medicine tool, "oh no!" I cried to the parrot "i couldn't take your precious wing!" Hurting the bird would break my heart.
I awoke in disbelief - what is going on here? I don't know how to make medicine tools, what on earth would i do with a wing, let alone be able to even remove it from the blessed animal- i am so squirmish and freaky, i even bury the poor rats and mice with blessings that Maxi our cat brings to the door mat.

I began to think about the medicine tools i can create with the existing skills i have of weaving, painting, ceramics, textiles and felting. Then one morning as i am about to get in my car for work i notice something under my bedroom window.. i get out of the car and take a closer look and too my great surprise a magpie has passed away and is lying perfectly in the leaves under my bedroom window- oh my. I wrap the body in cloth and leave it in the laundry to come to terms with when i get home from work.


After work i sit under our big magikal Jacaranda tree in the backyard, this tree looks after us and i have always had a strong connection to its spirit. I research the native american traditions of using animal parts as medicine tools and meditate on whether this was a path for me.

 I speak to my fiance about the magpie body and the medicine tool creation expecting him to be revolted at the idea and to discourage me but instead to my surprise he encouraged me greatly by saying that he thought it was time for me to 'step up!'
Ok I wasn't expecting that! So i went back outside into the laundry, i set up a space with cloth, crystals, i open my altar, set up my tools, smudged the room, the surface i was working on. I then breathed and opened sacred space and offered prayers for the spirit of the magpie and set the intension for the wings to be used in medicine and healing as sacred blessed tools.

I took the wings from the bird with amazing ease, guided trance like as if it was something i had done many times before and set them in a box to dry for a month in the dark. I buried the remaining magpie's body in the garden with a prayer, some incense and a crystal quartz.


On returning to close the space and clean up i became deeply worried that i had offended the group of magpies who used to visit the garden, what if they never come to visit agin? What if they hate me? I finished the tidy up and emerged from the laundry to a garden filled with Magpies and PeeWees- breathtaking! One was even in the veggie patch in the process of eating a mouse - showing and reassuring me the circle of life, it is a great gift for the body of an animal not to be wasted, to be used with total love and reverence for sacred medicine tools for healing not only of the human spirit but the earth as a direct result. 

Aura Sweeper -
Whale tooth, eagle, owl, peacock.









Chakra Fan - Owl and felt
Since the magpie wings i have assembled feathers into a variety of aura sweepers to assist in the smudging of ones energy field and spirit tools like dreamcatchers, mobiles, burden 
baskets and more to come i feel! 

Welcome to the beginning of 'earth heart art'! I know how healing art can be as witnessed every day at the art therapy centre, i have also witnessed my own healing through art and i now step wholly and fully into what i feel my art has always been for - healing and connection to the heart space and the honouring 

of the earth we are so deeply connected to.

I give thanks for my hands, that create and make as guided by the creative spirit, may the creations that flow forth from me be filled with love, healing, magik and joy, may my art assist us in connecting deeply with Pachamamma - Great Mother of us all and all our relations; the two legged, the many legged, the finned, winged and furred, the stone people and tree people. 



Blessed Be
xxx

P.S. If you would like to see more of my magikal creations head over to the Website and the Facebook Page 



1 comments:

  1. Beautifule Sare :) loved hearing your story about the magpie, so many gather around my house, they are a beautiful community. Love reading about how the various elements and animals speak to you!!

    <3 <3 Lee

    ReplyDelete