Mental Health Week Celebrations!

Sun in , Moon in Gemini, Waning

Hello Possums,

Tis' Mental Health Week in Western Australia next week.

The Tear Pot - Pencil & Pen
The Journey - Acrylic on Recycled Canvas
 To celebrate i have created two pieces that will be exhibited in a Fremantle Exhibition called 'Open Minds, Open Doors'. The Tear Pot began as a sketch i drew a few years ago whilst going through a rough time. Whilst drawing a remarkable thing happened...
A lady bird landed on my page, crawled onto my hand, onto my pencil, up my arm, onto my sleeve, onto my neck, in my hair, to the top of my head then flew down to my drawing, walked around and flew off.
It is said that ladybirds grant wishes, so wish i did!

The second painting was based on my work last year with the Shamanic Awakening adventure i embarked on with Sa and Claudio from Sacred Radiance www.sacredradiance.net
I developed a relationship with a Lion animal spirit guide that came to help me learn to roar, to be strong, to find courage, to walk my path with boldness, strength and courage and not hide away anymore.
Lion spirit together with the birds who came in my dreams to guide me in my spirit medicine tool creations, helped transform me and I drew a drawing of them coming in a boat to save me as an honouring. I thought of painting the image but scoffed at it as being not good enough - my inner painting critic is loud, dismissive and mean sometimes :(

Earlier in the year i was desperate to retreat and recharge and began looking for art and spirit retreats, when i stumbled upon Dawn Meader's website www.dawnmeader.com She is a Fremantle Artist who runs workshops and art retreat in Bali but that wasn't the remarkable thing - the most amazing thing was a painting of a winged Lion in a boat oh my goodness, my heart opened up and i cried. There was my lion wearing wings! I knew i had to paint it and i knew i had to let go of my nasty inner critic once and for all..

So i signed up to Dawns 7wk art course for manifesting dreams, I'll share the images and results of this course in a later post but for now i wanted to share the transformation i had painting this image. it flowed effortlessly out of the brush and onto the canvas with no criticism or resistance, i feel a painting transformation has occurred for me, which knowing how art reflects our selves back at us means a personal shift must have happened, i have let something go, i am at greater ease within and with myself!
I am looking forward to painting again and hopefully re-experiencing the flow of paint and joy of colour without the negativity - hooray for transformation and the gift of our creativity!

Creative Blessings and art love for all!
Blessed Be

xxx











1 comments:

  1. ohh didnt know about this one...
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete