Seasons Greetings!

Sun in Sagittarius, Moon in Aries

Hello Creative Beans,

I have arrived in Denmark, a little town at the bottom of Western Australia, to enjoy the seasonal celebrations!
It is sooooo beautiful down here, i feel like i have come home, every time I get here!

The Summer Solstice is upon us tomorrow, the longest day of the year. A time to rejoice and acknowledge all your achievements and successes over the past year, to give thanks to the grandfather sun for the light in our lives and all the gifts the sun brings us.
I am looking forward to a morning beach walk with meditation and ritual at a magik space at the beach that i like to sit in on the rocks, it is shaped like the earth mother and I always feel really grounded and connected to spirit when i enter the space and sit on her belly rock! Then there are lunch picnic plans and a summer ritual with my darling Ray of sunshine and a sunset dinner with the family to toast the magikal day and to rejoice and celebrate the year that has been!

It would be wonderful for everyone to take some time tomorrow to sit with peace and love in your hearts and give thanks for the sun and joys in your life - I'd love to hear about your Solstice celebrations!

Then comes Christmas...
I normally get a bit Grinchy about Christmas
The Christmas carols irk me, the shopping centres irk me, the over spending on plastic shit irks me, the complete lack of connection of anything with spirit irks me, the fact its 40 degrees Celsius most Perth Christmases and we are singing about snow men irks me, the fact it was based around the winter solstice and its the middle of summer here irks me! - darn flys

But this year something has changed, it seems the Christmas spirit has crawled up my sleeve and whispered in my ear. It was the end of November and i was overcome with a desire to make my lil nephew an advent calendar!





It is complete with hand stitched patches of family birthdays, anniversaries and the Summer Solstice! Something happened while i stitched and stitched and stitched...

I began to mend my Christmas spirit!

What is this feeling that has come over me- Christmas carols make me go 'Awww' as i turn up the volume!
The day i finished my calendar a dear friend posted this quote from a very beloved, talented, amazing, insightful, creative genius - Dr Seuss

Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.
Dr Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

Yes this must be it, the handmade love has filled me to the brim, i am reminded of the magic children feel on Christmas eve, the joy of family coming together to eat and drink and be silly.

What an occasion - there isn't much in this world that makes sooooo many people all over the world decorate a tree in glitter or sing about magic snowmen and flying reindeer, this is the Christmas spirit and i have realised i want it in my life - i just need to do it my own way.
Maybe next year i will decorate a branch in handmade glittery things in our lounge room so we can have our own Christmas tree!

Wowee.
So i stitched and stitched and stitched some more, and avoided the shops as much as i could, and i grew in my heart my Christmas spirit!

So, i shall continue enjoying the day - i am off to the kitchen to bake some gluten free, dairy free, healthy fruit mince pies - jeepers i hope they don't taste like play-doh!

Brightest Blessings and sunshine love

Sarah the Christmas faerie xxx 

0 comments:

Post a Comment