Bleeding Woman

Sun in Aquarius, Moon in Capricorn, Last 1/4

Hello Peoples,

I was berating my self the other day for my resistance to painting, I know how much I enjoy it when I do it - I even just love paint for paints sake, but I have not been able to will myself to paint at all, I go into my art room and ... do something else, poop.
So whilst avoiding painting I stopped giving myself a hard time and actually contemplated my energy levels - they were quite low, pretty moopy in fact and that's when it hit me, I am creatively in tune with my cycle. Of coarse! A light bulb moment!

Moon Cycle (sourced from net)
My bleeding cycle is in tune with the moon, I also garden to the lunar calender and I have found I am also creatively in tune too! The first half of the lunar month -waxing moon to full moon I am gardening, drawing, painting, energetic, inspired and motivated. The second half of the lunar month waning to Dark moon leading up to bleeding I am normally more introverted, prone to homely things, reading, cooking, craft and feeling tired.

Instead of giving myself a hard time I just needed to acknowledge where I was at, how I was doing, and in doing so I felt better, lighter instead of heavy with guilt from no action. Ah thank you quiet reflection!

My bleeding time came a little earlier this month and with it came the contemplation of a book called Moon Rites by Spiraldancer. The introduction speaks about our society, that teaches us that our feelings associated with menstruation should be ignored and any discomforting emotional or physical symptoms should be treated with drugs and that our bleeding should not interfere with the productivity of daily life.

We have become a society that hides and makes women feel shameful for something we all go through with no natural control. In cultures past women would gather together when a daughter first menstruated to celebrate and share stories and mark the momentous, sacred occasion of her womanhood, now we are shoved some brightly plastic covered, bleached, perfumed, environmentally unsound sanitary product and that's it, ultimately denying a significant part of our emotional and inner lives.

Ahh look at me on my soap box!

Once upon a time when women were in their bleeding time they were isolated from the rest of the community, they were given space to nurture the immense creative energy that comes with bleeding, the heightened intuition, dreaming, magical space. I understand that I cannot just eject myself from society every 28 days but I can create sacred spaces at home to reflect journal and dream and perhaps re-member some lost feminine wisdom along the way!!

Check out the variety of alternative menstruation products on the market ladies and interested gents too, like certified organic cotton tampons, free from nasties for you and the environment and cloth re-usable pads like Rad Pads for instance, very environmentally friendly for the throw away society we live in and they are comfy and come in a variety of funky colours! Sweet! Nice work ladies - they get a green thumbs up from me!
www.radpads.com.au

I get by with a little help from my friends!
There has been sculpture progress, hallelujah!! I have had no luck along Perth's beaches finding any beach combing junk nor in Margaret River area but luck has struck! My nest materials were kindly scavenged by fabulous travelling, holidaying friends! My lovely neighbours found a bag of beach combing junk in Albany and a mate who took his adorable family up to Lancelin found a pile also - bless their cotton socks! Then when I thought the weekend couldn't get better, my brilliant sculpture buddy dropped of my steel nest framework that i designed for him and he kindly welded together for me! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! There is a lot of art love going into this lil creation!


There is a Sculptors Tale that if you bleed whilst making your artwork the piece will be a success! Well may it be so! I was unravelling ropes and threading them into the framework when by golly an expletive comes tumbling out of my mouth, I had struck a sharp lil limpet creatures shell yee-ouch! More blood!!

There is in fact a whole community of the lil critters that have grown around the ropes, nature marvels me again!










Day One - Ta Dah!!
One small step for an environmental sculptor one giant leap for this lil Eco faery artist!


Blessed Be!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment