Buttons and Crotchet and Art - oh my!

Sun in Aquarius, Moon in Taurus, First 1/4

Hello Creative Ones,

Life has lately been filled with buttons and crochet and art - oh my!

Cute as a Button - The Original!
 I love buttons sooo much, the look of them, their time travel abilities, the colours, the way they feel when I dip my hand into the jar.... ah buttons.
I create button necklaces, which happened as a fluke over 2 years ago when I was playing in the collection, threading them all up and my creation was terribly boring, in a huff I scrunched them up and then there it was my first button knecklace!
They are now fondly titled 'Cute as a Button' knecklaces and are sitting on the necks of friends and family I have gifted them to, they have even been worn by a beautiful friend while she sang on a local TV program - bless her socks! I am hoping to send them off into the big wide world as soon as i get my courage up!!

Vintage Button Tin!!
Any-who my button collection fell to the floor which prompted an overhaul. They are now in colour co-ordinated jars! Maybe a play at avoiding painting, but useful and beautiful nonetheless. I even stumbled upon a tin of buttons handed down to me by a delightful lady I worked with years ago who said they had been in her family for a long time. That's the thing with my buttons you see, I'm not aloud to buy them, (otherwise I wont be able to pay the rent but ill have a mountain of buttons!!) they are found on change room floors, handed down from family and friends, donated and found in quirky and unusual places. Recycled and filled with memories and love!

I found a shop in Newtown, Sydney once upon a time called Buttons, it even had a door handle that was a giant button - good golly it was heaven!! Sadly closed but I peeped through that window in awe.. floor to ceiling of buttons - oh my!

My 'Shopping Bouycott' is going marvelously well and encouraging me to think in new and creative ways about how to make do, re-use and create. It has also taken me to the library! I am a major book worm and was having withdrawals - well local libraries rejoice! I found a great books on crochet, one in fact with 250 patterns to make so I have been teaching myself. I'm almost 50 pages in and have a crochet addiction problem now - oodelally!
A student I taught was accepted into the pretty fabulous Year 12 Perspectives exhibition at The Art Gallery of WA so I went and checked out the opening night last week, very proud. It was also the first night of the Fringeworld festival - lots of local and international arts held at the very funky Urban Orchard and pop-up Spiegeltent. Very Cool!! Loved the roving performers, the cabaret vibe and fancy dress ups it was like being in a dream.

Well gotta get back to my crochet!

Brightest Blessings - may your days be filled with Art Love!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment