Music, Art, Birds oh my!

Sun in Capricorn, Moon in Cancer, 2nd 1/4

Howdy!

If Saturday was a day of Gardening, then Sunday was a day of Music,Monday was a day of Art and today was with the birds!

Sundays good intentions were to finish my application for a chalk drawing competition, but the desire to Vote in JJJ Hottest 100 songs of 2010 overcame me, I love music sooo much it is such an essential part of life, like oxygen in fact, any who I made a short list of 42 great songs that made me sing and dance in 2010 and had to squish it down to 10, no easy feat. I am now looking forward to Australia Day; a BBQ at the local beach with the radio counting down and good tunes to sing along to! Sunday afternoon the lovely man in my life took me to see Toby play at Mueller park in Subiaco, that woman has a gutsy, soulful voice, awesome rootsy guitar playing - very inspiring! Her band is a composed of a group of very talented musos wearing gorgeous matching waist coats - I want to sew one for my man and me now!! The park was filled with all sorts of people chilling out under the beautiful weeping peppermints in the dimming arvo light, it's so wonderful how music can bring everyone together!
One of the things I would like to do this year is play the guitar and piano again. Such a beautiful way to express yourself and a great thing to fall back on when I cant say it visually in an art piece.



The night ended with an elemental goddess ritual so soothing and grounding, frankincense filling the air and the candle light flicker was hypnotic, going outside afterwards to empty my water container and the fresh energising smells of the ocean and the rich earth and pea hay of the patch was heavenly, topped off with a smack of moonshine - beeeeyoutiful! Definitely fabulous way to end the weekend!

Today I finalised the setting up of and opening of my new students exhibition at the Tea Room Gallery, I spoke a lil speech and brought juicy summer fruits to share.Then zipped off to a very funky lil cafe in Leederville to talk art with a fabulous bunch of woman!

We have a plan - how delightful! A woman's sculpture collective! We are going to meet once a month and share and develop our work together. We have our exhibition booked for January next year at the Kurb Gallery in Perth - Exciting!!!

Stormie Mills Creation in Leederville
Thank you Stormie Mills, for filling the streets and laneways with your creatures, it was a treat to end an arty day with a surprise stumbling upon you!

It is sooo fabulous to work with and share with others your creative process, to egg each other on, support, congratulate, guide and nurture each other. So fabulous that I am about to begin the second Artists Way  - Walking In This World by Julia Cameron after much achievement with the first book last year and share this process with others, there are 3 people I know about to start the first book so we are going to journey together, I think I will share the process here too.
So good to share with others, to reach out and build creative communities - Try it yourself!


And today very simply and sweet, lil Peewees came to play in the bird bath, which just goes to show once again that the simplest things in life are always the most rewarding!

Blessed Be

0 comments:

Post a Comment