Weaving dreams and dreamcatchers

Hello dreamers

I’m holding my first Art for your Heart workshop for 2016 next week. I am going to be sharing the process of dreamcatcher creation.

I have been weaving dreamcatchers for about 4 years now, I have woven close to one hundred of them of all shapes and sizes and shared the love of weaving them and filling them with dreams to beautiful people all over our magical country.

It gives me so much joy to share my love of creating with others. My arts therapy background has taught me that everything we create is a mirror of our spirit, a shining light of wonder guiding us and leading the way if only we can remember to connect into our breath and let the creative process unfold without our critical mind jumping in and ruining the party!

Dream catchers have been made by people all over the world and have recently had a resurgence! People are totally loving hand crafted dream catchers – thank goodness because those factory made ones were freaking me out!

Vintage Crochet 2014, Bali Wedding Commission



Dream catchers are not just a pretty thing to hang in your bedroom, they are a woven moment of magik.

To weave a dream catcher is to take part in the weaving of your dreams, not just your night dreams but your daydreams and the dreaming of your life.

Sweet baby dream, 2015,  Baby Blessing Commission
 I believe our dreaming life is as integral to our health, well being and evolution as our physical life. Here in Australia our indigenous brothers and sisters celebrate the Dreamtime, stories of the earths creation. In ancient Greece there was the magical Asclepeion Temples where dreaming circles were held to contact the other realms for healing for the community. Shamans gather in circle to dream the dreams of the tribe to gather the wisdom and guidance of great spirit and the ancestors to help their tribe.

I have always been a dreamer. I wish dreaming was more highly prized at school, growing up my report cards were filled with comments of ‘Sarah is a Daydreamer.’ Thank heavens I was a daydreamer, it was in this space that I yes escaped the world but I was also able to connect to faery, to wonder, to the tales of the natural world around me and a place to brew creative dreaming even then.

I have been able to connect into my night dreaming since I was a child, not highly skilled lucidity but when I needed to work on a situation the dreaming would kick in and I would get to work either in the naming of new companion animals, learning how to escape bad dreams, learning to fly and overcoming destructive behaviour patterns. 
I have had so much spiritual teaching and guidance through dreams from initiations to fae wisdom. The dream space really is a place where I live out another parallel life.

Heres a dream blog post I wrote 2 years ago if you feel like some time travel :)

So what happens when you become a dream weaver...
This Art for Your Heart workshop begins with energy clearing, to help you ground and centre and 
Be Here Now!

We then gather together in a circle of sacred creative space and begin to weave our dream within a hoop woven from plant fibres from my faerie garden and the local river, the web of our life is woven with natural fibres and our dreams and intentions are bound in with every knot
of thread. Crystals, gemstones, buttons, faerie bells, shells and feathers collected on day dream beach and river walks are added in. The dream catchers are finished with prayer bundles of sacred herbs.

The magik of your dream catcher is for your whole life so you dont need to be limited to just having them in your bedroom, the American Indians had them hanging from their teepees which at night were their bedrooms and during the day they were their living spaces, I have dream catchers all over my home and even in the garden – lets fill our lives with our dreams and the beauty of natural materials, intention and crafting circles.



If this workshop tickles your fancy please get in touch with me either on the facebook page or drop me a line at handmadewonderland@email.com. The workshop will be held in my home and magikal creative space in the seaside suburb of Scarborough in Western Australia.

Brightest blessings day dreamers xx




0 comments:

Post a Comment