Favourite Books of 2015

I like to read.

I have always liked to read, in fact i received the Library Award when i left primary school, that's how much i like to read!

I love the feel of books and the smell of books, i love time spent visiting bookstores, especially book cafes, i love piles of books, books shelves, the sound of the pages, the accompanying cups of tea and comfy nooks to read in.

I have made reading a daily priority for a long time now. I like to read before i go to sleep each night, in these night hours i like reading fantasy stories and the power of these books to open me up to whole new characters, worlds and adventures.

During the day i like to read spiritual books, i'll make time in the morning when i'm not at yoga to read for at least 30 minutes, it is such a peaceful way to start the day, really soul nourishing, if i have yoga or morning appointments then i postpone my morning reading to lunch time and this also helps me to stop and have a break, rather than pushing on to do all the things and subsequently wear myself out!

In 2015 i read 34 books. 
Goodreads tells me that's 11,117 pages if you fancy a fact. 

The stand out of 2015 for me was
The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer
I listened to her Audio book which she actually narrates whilst i wove many dream catcher hoops in the garden. 
I LOVED her book so i much i took notes and even drew this picture. 

The Art of Asking - Faerie Sarah Art and Amanda Palmer Wisdom
It was filled with Amanda telling me a story and singing songs and i love love loved it and i could feel her passion and love in her words and voice. 

For me this book was about being an artist, about courage, vulnerability, trust and love.

It made me laugh, sing and cry, cry, cry with kindred spirit heart opening and connection.

Thank you thank you thank you for writing this Amanda. I loved your music in uni a decade ago but i hadn't heard you recently so it was wonderful to find my way back to your music and you.

smile emoticon
Others books i really LOVED spending time with this year were;
Craft for the Soul - Pip Lincoln, this was not only a joy i looked forward to reading each day but has also inspired some of my own writing - Thanks Pip! 

Robin Hobb - Farseer Trilogy and beginning the Liveship Traders Trilogy. Big thanks to my friend and witchy sister Lee for the recommendation - Robin Hobb is an amazing writer!! 

The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle. I Am the space between my thoughts! A good one to keep re-reading!

Sensitive Permaculture - Alanna Moore. I found this wee gem at my library whilst searching for more information on Permaculture, i really want my garden to grow! This book is so perfect for me it mixes the science and practicality of permaculture with the magik and wonder of faeries! Uh YES!! Husband and I took turns reading chapters to each other which added to the love of this lil book for sure.

A Return to Love - Marianne Williamson another venture into an audio book and an introduction to A Course in Miracles. I have a famous Marianne Williamson quote on the back of my toilet door so it was nice to understand it in context. This book led to
Spirit Junkie - Gabby Bernstein, i get this wonder woman's emails she is such a light in the world and it was great to get to read her back story and again the link in to A Course in Miracles.

Painting from the Source - Aviva Gold. I found this book in a second hand book store as it literally fell off the shelf at me and was exactly the book i needed to read when we ventured down south on a heart healing adventure. It connected me back into ArtLove and my natural creative space which i was forgetting in the face of some big rejection. Thank you book and Aviva for reminding me to keep on creating and following my heart!

Yin Yoga - Ulrica Norberg. Another synchronistic book find, this time in the library straight after a yin yoga class! I loved this book so much and found it very simple to put into my home practise. It linked in beautifully with 
Breathing Space - Katrina Repka both ladies being students of Alan Finger the amazing yogi who foundered ISHTA yoga (Integrated Science of Hatha Tantra and Ayurveda) so of course i now want to go to New York now and experience his retreats and classes! A beloved Yoga Teacher leant me this book and it is the style she trained in and she has also travelled to one of Alan's workshops.

Keys of Awakening - Claudio Silvano. I was very excited to read Claudio's second book and i loved it, the world, the characters, the story! I also attended some of Claudio's writing workshops in 2015 actually and i really enjoyed them too. With all this book love going on maybe one day i will have a book of my own to share! Here is a link to Claudio's writing, there are lots of short stories you can have a read of too www.claudiosilvano.net and here is his other site that links to upcoming workshops and the writers circle that meets every fortnight www.sacredradiance.net 

So there you go a pile of book love coming at you.
What did you read in 2015? Do you have a book recommendation for me?

I think i am going to share my love of books more often this year and maybe even some of my creative writing... maybe :D 

Big big love
Brightest blessings
Love faerie


0 comments:

Post a Comment