When i grow up i want to be ....

Sun in Libra, Moon in Gemini, Waning Moon


Alice in Wonderland
When i grow up i want to be an animator!
– My lifelong love with all things Disney has led me to often dreaming of packing up my life and heading to animation school in California so I can animate for Disney, I love the old traditional hand drawn animations – sigh!
Tink
Sleeping Beauty

Pocahontas
Little Mermaid
Robin Hood





I remember drawing as a kid and as I created my characters I would talk to them and give them voices and stories – wildly imaginative (l)only child for quite a while there!
The only thing is I don’t think I could draw draw draw draw draw and draw the micro-moments that an animation would be required with my goldfish attention span. 
So lately i have been pondering focusing my animation love into illustrations and comics instead!


Corpse Bride
I want to work on a stop motion animation one day too! To have my creations come to life on screen would be too amazible!
Coraline

Wallace and Totti 

Mary and Max















I did an animation class at the Freo Art Centre with the very passionate and talented Steven Aiton earlier in the year – Oh it was like a dream come true to spend a day making toys and plasticine come to life – my inner child was buzzing like a bee so so so happy!
Character Ideas

Carrot Faerie Still










Anywho whilst googling around at animation dream schools and looking at inspiring illustrators, comic artists and animators I came across a 30 day drawing challenge set by creative PencilCat on Tumblr.

Not just any drawing challenge but a ‘30 Day Improvement Hell Challenge’

I have always wanted to do a 30 day arty fart challenge – I am such a busy lalala that I find it hard to do just one thing for 30 days consecutively, ill start all gung-ho and then fade out and wander off to the next thing. But I like the sound of this one and I really want to up skill my drawing and like I always say in my classes its all just practice practice practice with art so I will go have some of my own medicine!

So here is a link to Pencil Cat’s post and THE LIST!


So today - day 1.

Self Portrait - Introduce Yourself

Pencil Selfie #ImprovementHell



I don't want to be critical so i will just say i hope the improvement part of this challenge works - not a fan of my darn selfies.

I'd love to know what your drawing or... join my in my 30 day adventure - i'd love some traveling companions!

Art love to you dudes - peace out!
xxxx


0 comments:

Post a Comment