Day 7 - The weirdest thing!

Sun in Scorpio, Moon in Leo, Waning Moon

Day 7 - Draw the weirdest thing in your house.


Mr Snot #Improvement Hell
Mr Snot is a hand puppet made for my by one of my little sisters about 15 years ago!

Every now and then she will spy him sitting in my art room and say "oh why do you still have him!"
He makes me laugh and he was made by my little sister and there is nothing else in the world quite as strange and wonderful as him... and he is a puppet and that gives him his own animate qualities, you could think of him as a lil personality looking out over my art room all these years with his curious three eyes. 

Hanging Out in the Art Room with the Ladies!

Mr Snot! - Those squares of felt on his hands are his tissues apparently!


When i grow up i want to be a Puppeteer, a Puppet Maker! I want to learn how to make my own marionettes!

In my first year of teaching in 2008 i made puppets with a group of kids and they became a part of The Million Puppet Project in Perth organised by Spare Parts Puppet Theatre. So amazing to see floor to ceiling of puppets in all their varieties- the state theatre was packed with puppets! It was a Guiness World Record for the World's Largest Puppet Display in fact! - too Cool!

The kids wee puppet offerings


The Million Puppet Project Giant Sea Dragon
More Puppet offerings at the Million Puppet Project
Ah so silly, so fun! Thank you Drawing Project for making me laugh and wander down memory land - wowee one week down already!

Cheerio
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment