Day2 - Draw a figure

Sun in Scorpio, Moon in Gemini, Waning Moon


2. Draw a Figure #ImprovementHell


Todays mission - Draw a Figure using a reference and link to the reference.
You can find the original photo from the aptly titled Claudia of 'Museworthy'.                  http://artmodel.wordpress.com/about/


Todays offering made my overly opinionated inner critic rear its ugly head and i felt quite vulnerable posting my image.
I dug a bit deeper into my feelings and decided to share as almost all my students and anyone doing anything creative i suppose, would have had issues with their inner critic at some point.

I began to worry, the drawing brought up all my 'not good enoughs', and deeper down, a fear of 
'what the hell are you doing calling yourself an artist and running off and quitting your job when you cant even draw' 
Geeez this b*&ch is mean!

The whole point of the 'Art For Your Heart Classes' that i began is that art is healing, art is a mirror, and art helps us open our hearts. So what would i tell one of my beautiful students when their critic popped up and started mouthing off?

I guess i'd tell them to breathe first, beautiful deep breaths, to remember that all drawings, scribbly or realist are worthwhile, as the pencil, pen or paintbrush dances over the page you are making your mark, you are expressing Your Self and you are improving - everyday your drawings grow and so do you.

Yes!
ArtLove Warrior!
This is not the 30 days of show off your fancies - this is an "Improvement Hell Challenge" darn it!
Im going to smear on some war paint and get cracking! My inner critic isn't going to know what's hit her!
I used to imagine my inner critic as Cruella DeVille - you know that evil Disney Villain that skins puppies!

I don't think i have ever been a 'good drawer' i have just LOVED IT - in fact its essential, but i had to work hard to get my scrawl to resemble things, i drew everyday and i'm still practising.

So i will boldly share my fumbly bumbly scribbles with pride! Its the journey that counts right - or something like that!

Peace out fellow ArtLove Warriors!




0 comments:

Post a Comment