Altered Toys - The virginal unicorn


Sun in Aries, Moon in Aquarius, last 1/4

Hello glitter lovers,

I have a friend who has a unicorn thing!

Whilst doing an eco-faerie face painting gig recently i spied a wee unicorn all fluffy and white hanging up by its tail at a market stall selling kids toys, my unicorn loving friends birthday was coming up and i had to get it for her. 

But something happened on the car ride home as i played with the pretty new toy, maybe it was an overlaod of face paint, maybe it was the sun, maybe the influence of a car full of silly faeries... what ever it was i decided i wanted to get crafty with the unicorn.

So I have made my first altered toy. I loved doing it sooo much and decided to share the process with you so you too can get crafty!

Step 1.

Colour in your toy - i used felt tip pens and watercolour paint when the pen ran out - it was old!



Step 2.

I coloured the hair in with hair chalk, spiked it and sprayed it with glitter! It also got a little ribbon and key charm round its neck.


Step 3.

I got all Coraline on it and unscrewed its boring eyes and attached shiny new buttons, stitched a mouth (oh my, it had none before!) and glitter painted its feet and the inside of its ears.



Step 4. 

The old tail was unstitched and a new tail attached made of wool tops. The mane and tail were then spayed with spray adhesive and liberally doused in glitter, the horn was painted with some glitter too.



Ta- Dah!

Still quite tame i think, next time i will aim for even more silliness, alterations and randomness and maybe even more glitter if possible! 
But for now i will box this lil love off and post it off to my dear friend.
Happy Birthday Lovelee - too much glitter?
The Altered Unicorn






0 comments:

Post a Comment