Book Love - April and May

Ola book worms,

Hear is a look at my favourite reads for April and May


April had me continuing the Tir Alainn trilogy by Anne Bishop with 
Shadows and Light
I enjoyed it just as much as the first, a something fun to enjoy at the end of the day, with magic, strong female characters and horrifying baddies.



Druidcraft: The magic of Wicca and Druidry by Philip Carr-Gomm 
I'm venturing off down a druidic path these days, learning with a circle and looking at how it relates to my current spiritual mix bag and this book looks at the relationship between Wicca and Druidry and i like that, the merging of the two, learning about new ideas whilst mixing it within a path i am more familiar with. I really would love a deck of the Druidcraft Tarot - that imagery by Will Worthington is amazible :O

Glad No Matter What: Transforming Loss and Change into Gift and Opportunity by Sark
I have read almost ALL of Sark's many colourful wondrous books and have loved them all, she is a cheerleader to the sensitive creative's heart but i have had this book on my shelf for so many years and never read it, not even a peak. It was in fact a top the pile bound for the Garage Sale of the Century when my Husband spied it and said - "whoa you're getting rid of a Sark book?" "i haven't ever read it" I replied, "maybe it is time now" was his wise response. So i listened and took it off the pile, Ray has a way of communicating with me where sometimes i think its actually a wise guide speaking through him to me :) I absorbed it in a few days, yes it was the perfect timing for this book and the looming major changes and challenges about to face us, with the death of our friend Maxi and the big ol house move. I recommend this for anyone going through change.



Books for May
I LOVED reading Jewel's autobiography 
Never Broken: Songs Are Only Half the Story
I didn't know much about Jewel prior to reading this book other than the fact i really enjoyed her songs when i was younger like 'Foolish Games', 'Who Will Save Your Soul' and 'Hands'. Her story is amazing, i feel like i know her now, what an amazing life, to triumph against all odd, i feel like cheering for her courage and determination and faith in her art. Very inspiring, this book has made it onto the Favourites list <3 

I finished the Tir Alainn Trilogy with
House of Gaian by Anne Bishop
I really enjoyed the last book to this trilogy as much as the first two, a satisfying conclusion, a few shocks, a few cheers, an enjoyable series of fantasy and magik.



Druid Priestess: An intimate Journey Through the Pagan Year by Emma Restall-Orr 
This book has also leapt onto the favourites list. I love Emma's writing style and i am actually looking forward to re-reading this one, as i got so much out of it and i feel that it has layers and will be good to go back to further down the track. This is quite telling of how much i actually liked this book as i can only ready about 30 books a year so to re-read one cuts into the amount of books i will ever read in my life time - lol book nerd much! This is not a how to book at all, in fact it reads more like Emma is telling us a tale and inviting us into her visionary journeys throughout the year from Samhain to Samhain. I loved it <3 



That's my book love for now, any suggestions for future enjoyment?

Brightest blessings
xx



0 comments:

Post a Comment