When i grow up...

Sun in Pisces, Moon In Libra

When i grow up i want to be a writer and illustrator of stories, not necessarily for children but ones that can be appreciated by all ages kinda like Mr Shaun Tan and national treasure (I reckon!) Michael Leunig!

Ray Ray gave me a beautiful old typewriter for our one year paper anniversary amongst other papery delights, with a note of inspiration about writing my own story!

Gorgeous vintage typewriter! LOVE


I remember when I was a kid i would always be writing stories and illustrating them.


Age 14 - Blondi and Cookie a comic full of pics of my friends as cartoon characters
and silly stories, i even made figurines out of FIMO!
Myth and Magic a magazine i wrote at the same time... such a nerd :)



















Fractured Fairy Tale i wrote when i was 13 and
Romeo and Juliet when i was 6 - its a trilogy!

Ha ha Juliet shops at KMART - hey i was only 6 i didn't know!!
And i love the reused office paper from my Dad's work!
Yep Kmart!! Ha ha!!

When I was 14 my English Teacher liked my poetry and creative writing so much she said a wonderful encouraging thing to me that have never forgotten, even though sometimes i seem to be better at remembering all the criticism. She said i would write a book one day and that i needed to dedicate it to her, i remember how amazing that single comment made me feel - wow a writer, wow a book i write!
Thank you Miss Afonso where ever you are! I have not forgotten :)

One of the MANY shelves of books - one day i would love a big ol library!

I LOVE reading and i am always journaling and there are often words and stories that come as i draw and create visually...

So magik type writer, lets write a story!

I'll let you know how i go!

Happy Perth Writers Festival by the way - Maybe next Year i'll actually get to go!

Brightest blessings
xxx









2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this post and your typewriter - my husband also gave me a vintage typewriter (that he had fixed up himself) and I love it so much, though it is difficult to type. I have started a number of novels but have never quite continued with them...I feel that now is the time. Good luck with your writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rebecca! And good luck with your writing too :D

      Delete