Wellness is not a destination...

Sun in Aquarius, Moon in Cancer, Waxing Moon

I have been unwell recently, a flare up of the auto immune disease i was diagnosed with 10 years ago. I wrote a post in 2011 about the beginnings of my healing journey here.

I have been 100% symptom free for 6 months, my longest space of wellness in years! It has been so wonderful to not have the stress of the illness on me, so its return has really thrown me. In fact i think i am a bit depressed about the situation, teary, frustrated, angry, disappointed, sad and wondering if i will ever be healthy.

I know deep in my heart that everything in my life happens for a reason, even the shitty stuff - in fact i believe it's the obstacles, the set backs and disappointments that can hold keys of transformation if we are willing to stop and take an honest look at where we are at.

So this is me having a look.

The healing of my auto-immune disease has been like an onion in all its layers, if i can borrow that bulb from Shrek. When i think i have understood my ill health, reached a great space, it is time to go further, do more, keep working on the layers around and around we go, not on ground-hog day mind you, more like a spiral in the same circle but growing and growing and growing. 

Green Mandala, Watercolour and Ink, 2012

It is now time for my to OWN my wellness journey, i need to firmly understand that my wellness is NOT a destination. Just because i am symptom free for 6 months does not mean it is time to become a bit slack. My Wellness is the ongoing loving relationship i have with my whole self, thank you Jess Ainscough of the Wellness Warrior for reminding me this. 

Its not a destination, it is about love, it is about the rest of my life well lived. I am lovingly forgiving of my failings, of how i have treated my self and now, today, this moment i choose health, i choose love, i choose gratitude.

One of the many things i wanted to focus on this year was self love, letting go of my inner critic and residual negative self talk that sometimes knocks me about and learn to love and appreciate myself as i am right NOW, this very moment.

So here is my list of things to get me back on track.

Yoga - move my body with love, and release tension, come to the mat and witness my body reflecting to me how i am in the world.

Green Smoothies and juices - I love them, so have one every day!

Ocean - Get in the water and let the salt and waves wash away stress.

Meditation - bliss out with candles and beautiful flowers, mindfulness to connect to the heart.

Ditch the booze - i hate it honestly, so start being honest with myself through my actions!

Zero processed sugar - let it go, have a piece of fruit a raw desert treat, a herbal relaxing tea blend.

Zero caffeine - Goodbye coffee, you were fun but you don't really love me! Maybe even goodbye caffeinated tea for a while too, i'm sorry Earl Grey - i love you... oh hello Rooibos ;)

Keep eating healthfully - i am pretty down pat with this now, i know what works; Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Processed Sugar free, no starchy empty foods, no additives or preservatives. I'll not stray and i am content to be a bit strict for a while. Enjoy Lee Holmes cook books and healthy recipes!

Affirmations - don't just read them, look into my eyes in the mirror and believe them!

Be grateful - write my gratitude list each day, gratitude has magik in it, its transformational and it generates love!

Do what i love - play more, create more, sing, blow bubbles, smoosh glitter, talk with the faeries, grow my garden, drink tea, laugh with the world and enjoy its beauty and wonder.

This is my list, it's broad but it will work for me so off i go! Wish me luck!

Brightest blessings!



0 comments:

Post a Comment