Walking in this World - Week 2

Sun in Aquarius, Moon in Virgo, Waning Moon.

Week Two of Walking in This World has me Discovering a Sense of Proportion.

The readings were quite profound for me - I will share some morsels that i really connected with

An artist born into the Ugly Duckling family - we are odd and so we regard ourselves this way.
Part of knows we're more than they see, part of us fears we are less than we hope, the inner friction is painful.
Declaring ourselves as Artists can be like a 'coming out' process - turbulent.
We find our way by 'Just doing It' This inner itch is the artist compass.
We make maps - we seldom find them.
Art is not linear nor the artist life. There are no certain routes.
Mystics hear voices. 'Hearing Voices' is often used to sort the 'sane' from the 'insane' and yet as artists we hear voices guiding us, leading us, prompting, urging us on.
Be willing to ask what our true creative identity is to receive clear guidance.
Art may be the finest form of prayer.

I actually looked forward to writing 'Morning Pages' this week. They are clearing and ordering, they are becoming like an active meditation and are helping my personal meditation practise amazingly, shushing my chattery brain!

And I took myself on a couple of walks too - hooray! 
One to make up for my missed walk in week 1 through the local back lane ways, camera in hand. There is so much beauty there in the lost, neglected, forgotten, ordinary spaces of suburbia that is so inspiring. The extraordinary ordinary - a constant theme of inspiration for me.








My second walk was along our beautiful coast, this walk felt more like exercise but it was good to be out in the morning sun, next time i will take my bathers and camera and not be so 'rushy' The Cormorants on the rock were beautiful and i guess forgetting to take my camera with me has forced me to hold the image of their gathering in my mind. 

My artist dates were rather elaborate making up for my lack of courage and motivation in week one. I took myself off to a Vedic Art 2 day class facilitated by a beautiful lady from Sweden. The practise of Vedic Art is so full to the brim of nurturing, mindful, heart centred wow i am in love! What a wonderful 2 days spent doing what i love in a gorgeous inspiring home with lovely people. Definitely out of my square and into my heart - perfecto!

Brightest Blessings and love love love xx




0 comments:

Post a Comment