Mixed Bag


Sun in Aquarius, moon in capricorn

Darlington
A BIG Thank You to everyone who came and supported me at the Darlington Arts Festival last year– what a fun time! It was really wonderful to see the ‘CreativiTea’ piece in the gallery setting with all the other amazing felted creations.
I had a moment of complete overwhelm with the white walled space but it was softened by the.. well softness actually of the felt – not a harsh line in sight!


The Saturday ‘Artist In Motion’ workshop was a lot of fun, the weather was rainy and wild – my favourite – but not so much for the wool fibre blowing all about!
I really enjoyed sharing my love of felting with the friendly faces that popped by my space to check out all the wet soapy fun – so thank you friendly faces, it was fun and I’ll definitely be back next year!

Mixed media character
At work I have been working on a mixed media character for the better part of last year really, so much time has been spent figuring out how to construct her using a variety of materials.
 
I’ll keep you posted on her progress!

Kurb appeal!
January has not only been wedding time but exhibition time too eep!
Here are the beginning steps of my explorations – I began working with ideas of home, what home means – is it something we create or something we are drawn to? And songs, poems and words about home – and of course love – I have just gotten married!
I then created miniature scenes to do with love and home using handmade, recycled, meaningful material

I will share the first stages of the teapot..




And the fossiking for letterboxes
My neighbourhood has an exemplary display of letter box love – unfortunately the new houses haven’t got the character of the old ones – but this speaks volumes really!
Scrummaging at the tip I have found this old gem 

Rescued  broken letterbox!
Really does remind me of Dr Who! Whoever threw this marvel out – I thank you!

The exhibit titled 'curious object' opened last night in Northbridge. I'll post later in the week with how it all went! 
Keep dreaming and believing lovely people!

0 comments:

Post a Comment