Do one Creative thing everyday to make your artistic life more real!

Sun in Libra Moon in Pisces, 2nd 1/4 - nearly full moon.

Hello creative beans,

I manifested a lounge! I wrote on a piece of paper that i wanted a new or second hand chaise lounge and sticky taped the note to the lounge door to cook and voila! The lounge has arrived via friendly neighbours who moved to Germany and gave us their couch as they couldnt sell it - why thank you very much whoo hoo! i wrote that note and 2 days later new couch! Write some manifesting magick of your own and let me know how it goes!

So any who, the lounge is fabulous, so comfy and inviting and lilac ha ha, but the problem is the TV is so gosh darn big and draining.


Oh for a smaller less invasive adorable old one that didnt dominate the entire lounge room but no the man, must have his giant TV like i must have my tea in a cup and saucer.

So instead i have been inspired by my new hero Keri Smith


I read in one of her entertaining and thoroughly inspiring blogs recently about not watching TV.


When my ray of sunshine and i met i lived in a very wee house that was so small there was no room for a couch let alone a tv, i sat in bean bags and on cushions and had a lil radio






Life was good, simple and there was time to daydream! But since living with my fiance(wow weird word but less than 3 months to use it so i'll see if i can add it into every future post!)there is TV back in my life, used to help the brain melt in the evenings after work and to avoid the real world. I don't read the newspaper, i don't listen to commercial radio and turn the radio down when the news does come on, yes i am the last one to know when its day light savings but the real important stuff filters in and i miss out all the panic, drama and freak out - hooray! I can't stand the TV though and am very happy to have it off all day and in the evenings when i am home alone but when it does go on it takes over - blah.



Keri suggests in her blog turning the TV off - even the computer as an experiment as a way to connect with what is important, to give ourselves more time to really live. 
The TV is full of our current consumer culture adverts giving me a headache and promoting a lifestyle that i don't want to be a part of, so I am going to give it ago. A month of no TV - maybe the odd movie, but instead of spending my evenings watching the idiot box i am going to get in my art room and extend the amount of time i have for creating!


I have a list of amazing people i would like to invite to a crafternoon tea party Keri Smith is one of them, I love her book "Wreck This Journal" and her website, she inspires my creative freedom and living and expressing myself authentically go check out her superness at www.kerismith.com  


Inspiration Crafternmoon Tea Guest List

Keri Smith
SARK
Clarissa Pinkola Estes
Alys Fowler
Michael Leunig
Tori Amos
Shiva Rea

I'm sure there is a million more but this is all off the top of my head for now - to be added to!

Cheers to inspirational amazing people sharing their creative selves with the world and to doing things differently and turning the TV off and saying yes to a creative handmade life :D

Blessed Be


0 comments:

Post a Comment