Telephone Briiing, yep, yep, yep, yep!

Sun In Gemini, Moon in Cancer, New Moon.

Delightful!
 The lovely man in my life and really I should call him my fiance, as we are running out of time for such a word, except I haven't really warmed to the word. I worry my fickle nature will mean I wont appreciate the transient word until the day before the wedding ... alas.
Ah anyway I digress, the real story is that this lovely man who we will refer to as my f word has decided to do some fandangled technological thingamy as he is often inclined to do and install a home line for the Internet. This led to the acquisition of a home telephone which I must say is rather novel as we have not had one for the whole 5year and 5month duration of our relationship! And really even before that i don't think i have had a home phone for almost a decade?! Egad!
This is all due of course to the handy invention of the mobile phone first introduced to my life in Hollywood movies in the 80's as a giant brick with a huge aerial ah hilarious i wish that they still looked so ridiculous. 
A light bulb switched on and i had the marvelous idea of recycling my mobile phone and just relying on the home telephone as a means of communication, not to mention the wonderful lost Art of snail mail and the overburdening email... please no more crap joke/chain messages - inbox is on a diet! 

Can anyone remember life without mobile phones? 
A time when going out with friends and family you were present for their conversations not messaging someone else or responding to every phone movement as if it was sooo urgent, if you cant get a hold of someone call them later, if your out your out, not on your phone. Oh i do believe a life without a mobile would suit me just fine. This idea is appalling to my technologically savvy f word... no no no life without a mobile is not the way i hear him shake his head in dismay. He wants to contact me whenever, where ever, 'what about in emergencies' he cries. Well what did we do in emergencies back before these gadgets filtered in? Phone the home phone, talk to the neighbours, I do suppose it would be a bother to not have a mobile if your car broke down in this day with all the telephone boxes in our city becoming endangered artifacts, I wonder if there is even more than a handful left in Perth at all?

Well my loving f word can rest easy for now as I'm locked in a contract - how charming, for the next year but beyond that who knows maybe I can be free of some cancerous radiation- rejoice!







1 comments:

  1. Haha I totally feel the same way about mobile phones... and so does my 'b' word compadre. He gets mad if I even turn the thing off- but like you I hark back to an earlier, much more desirable time when we did without the fandangled things! We have a home line too... should give me a buzz some time :D

    ReplyDelete