Wednesday's Child

Sun in Taurus, Moon in Pisces, Last 1/4


Once upon a time there was a girl who believed she was a faery.

 The beginnings of a new faery artwork, just a light pencil sketch to begin. I haven't allowed myself/been able to draw a faery for years, this little small step felt like an enormous leap for my inner artist. Too much listening to every body else and disregarding my own inner wisdom led to the abandonment of something as simple and nurturing as a faery drawing. Well... they're back!!
I was born on a Wednesday, and I find Wednesdays are the days I pick when I see a flock of birds
flock of birds before my eyes
when will i get my next surprise...

Wednesday, always the first to pop into my head, the middle of the weeks cycle, the daughter in The Addams Family, the name of a toy troll I had as a small person.

I currently work Wednesdays, we have meetings, rather dry, clinical meetings. The inner artist in me squirms and fidgets and wants to yell at the top of her voice in the middle of it that 'The world is upside down, your getting it all wrong...' Instead I draw.
Kind of like the ones done whilst on the phone, daydreams, doodles, scribbles.. except these have a wonderful way of getting me to be present in the meetings, I can hear what is going on but I can filter it, process what I need and not fall asleep.


   
                       

This is just a sample of the 2011 Wednesday drawings, I'm looking forward to the collection I will have by the end of the year.. maybe I could make a colour-in book!

There was a long period of time whilst I was studying at uni that I didn't have a car. I could public transport into the city and would while away the time with drawings.. Some days the page would be filled with abstract shapes, others images would appear, overheard conversations would filter in, words, song lyrics, musings. 
I still have those notebooks filled with time well spent.

There is a nifty thing on the web called The Scribble Project. The creator believed that everybody would draw on the same sheet of paper differently.

Go to www.thescribbleproject.blogspot.com to get your very own printable scribble sheet - hooray!

Do you have a favourite place to draw?


Scribbly blessings
xx







0 comments:

Post a Comment