Did you ever see the 80's movie Troll?

Today i finished the makering of this dude


 

He is a commissioned piece inspired by this dude - 


His name is Galwyn Mushling he is the cutest character from a kooky horror movie from 1986 called Troll, have you seen it? I wanted to watch it while i sculpted my new mushy friend but with the house in chaos while the painters are in i haven't been able to.

I think that's probably a good thing, then my creation can be his own being and have his own energy rather than just a copy of the films character.

I really enjoyed the process and people have been asking about it so i thought i would share the making of him with you here.

I began with a drawing, a simple sketch to play with ideas and to get a feel for him.


I then put the movie character image away and worked from the sketch and developed that to begin to make the creature my own. I worked with a polymer clay that i layered over an aluminium foil armature. 





The moment he was fitted with the glass eyes he came alive! 



I then cooked him in the oven. Kinda like mushroom pie but mostly not :/ 
I then primed him to create a base for the acrylic paint



Layers 

and layers 


and layers 




















and layers of paint were added!

























He then got treated to a final coat of varnish and a home in a terracotta pot. 

He is now basking in the Dark Moon night before he heads off to his new home in time for the Autumn Equinox.



I think i want to make one for myself now! I think it will have ears and glitter and polka dots - naturally!

Brightest blessings
Sarah x

1 comments: