The magikal number 7

Sun in Capricorn, Moon in Virgo

I don't fancy myself as a numerologist, i admit that I'm not much interested in numbers actually - i blame forced algebra and crazy extension mathematics in year 10 for that! 
I studied art, i can leave all the numbers to someone else i thought - but recently they're every where popping up to be noticed from patterns on number plates to a random glance at the digital clock, lots of repeating numbers and number patterns and they delight me when i see them "Ooh 12.34 - lets make a wish" oh its "12.12.12 today lets all meditate at work!" it has become almost an everyday occurrence, these numbers and more to the point that i am paying attention to them!

So i will digress and come back to this all in a moment.

In November I got sick of an old box that was placed in a spot to basically forget  about it without actually deciding on its actual location - there is a storage issue round here, and an avoidance thing going on!
So i picked up the box and decided to reacquaint myself with its contents in my beloved garden, it was my final uni project, a patchwork of handmade, stitched and appliqued prayer flags attached to washing line rope that i had hurriedly and unceremoniously stuffed in the box to forget about after uni.




I took them out of their box and hung them up and read them all and looked at them with new fresh eyes. They were whimsical and they blew their prayers all around the garden to float about. It brought tears to my eyes to see them, acknowledge them, to value them.
I left uni really embarrassed of my work, full of criticism and the act of hanging up these flags released it.
I realised that my work is valuable, my thoughts and words and art and images are important! Yay what a wonderful moment!

I realised in writing about the experience in my visual diary that it was 7 years, almost to the day since my graduate exhibition when the flags were on display in a garden at uni.
7 is quite an amazing number, "according to a whole pile of different traditions, seven is considered a powerful mystical number. It took seven days to create the universe in Genesis; there are seven heavens in Islam and seven chakras in the human body; and to Pythagoreans, seven represented female enchantment! - Yay" - thank you Sera Beak of the Red Book for your wise words!
I have even heard about cycles of seven years of Saturn in our astrological charts and its relationship to our spiritual and human development, and that in seven years you can recreate your whole body!
I really feel it was the great creative spirit that urged me to pay attention to that box in the corner that day, so i could take out my art from uni and release the stale energy it held and i held so that the next seven years of my creative cycle could unfold free!

And while we are on the subject of seven, my love and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary since we first hooked up yesterday - yes it was a new years party!

And then next week on the seventh of January we renew our hand fasting for another year and a day - wowee our first anniversary, the time does fly :)

Hooray for sevens, for the ability to pay attention the divine communicating to us in our everyday lives, and the love in our hearts and that we can share with each other.

Blessed be
xx

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment