A year of books

Sun in Sagittarius, Moon in Taurus, Waxing Moon

I love books! I love them so much that book stores and libraries make me very happy! I even love making books and smelling books and collecting them on shelves! I think my Poppy is responsible for this love, we would walk to the library together and he would tell me that books were precious things. Ahh to disappear into a whole new world just by opening a book is a truly magical thing!
Tinkerbells The Secret of the Wings - Bookworms!

One year 'my love' said why don't you write down all the books you read this year to keep track of how many you read, I think this came about because I had read a book and had forgotten I had read it until I began reading it again! I am a lover of lists, maybe a List Queen even so happily I went about documenting the books I devoured. Now in our fancy pants technological world there is an online list I use called Goodreads I even just like perusing  all the  books on the sight and finding new books I want to read - although it is overwhelming  as I don't think I will live long enough to read them all especially with my penchant for re reading Harry Potter :D

A few books have been read - I have met my reading challenge but I also don't think it really matters how many books I read just that I am reading and finding books I enjoy, books to inspire, educate and escape in!

Lots of my books were from the library but the above is a smackeral of the ones i had in my own shelves

2013 Book List

Irish Witchcraft from an Irish Witch - Lora O'Brien
Art and Fear - Davis Bayles
Faery Tale - Signe Pike
Clean and Lean - James Duigan
The Pure Heart of Yoga - Robert Butera
The Life you were born to live - Dan Millman
The way of the Peaceful Warrior - Dan Millman
Tarot Tales - Rachael Pollack and Caitlin Matthews
The Four Agreements - Don Miguel Ruiz
The Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft - Christopher Penczac
Illiom - Claudio Silvano
The White Mare - Jules Watson
A Nameless Witch - A Lee Martinez
The Third Kingdom - Terry Goodkind
The First Confessor - Terry Goodkind
Narcissus and Goldmund - Herman Hesse
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Anne Shaffer
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
Lover Awakened - JR Ward
Lover Eternal JR Ward
The Amber Spyglass - Philip Pullman
The Subtle Knife - Philip Pullman
Northern Lights- Philip Pullman
A Dance with Dragons - George RR Martin
Joanne Harris - Chocolat
Before Sunrise Before Sunset - Screenplays
The Once and Future King (Book 1 - Sword in the stone) - TH White
The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
PS I love you - Cecilia Ahern
Sphinx - Tobsha Learner
Soul - Tobsha Learner
A Kiss of Shadows - Laurell K Hamilton
The Lion the Witch and The Wardrobe - CS Lewis

It's a big varied list and there were some really stand out books that i would like to take a moment to celebrate!

Faery Tale -  I found this book at the Chalice Well gardens in Glastonbury one of my most favourite places of our honeymoon - I want to live there! I loved this book and it is inspiring me to write my own faerie tale and travel to new faerie places around the world i haven't explored yet!

The Pure Heart of Yoga - This book is so tatty now from being lugged about in my yoga bag! I would get up every morning at 5 am for my yoga sunrise class and then go to the cute cafe next door to the studio and read for half an hour and write in my journal - a real yoga nerd but it helped my practise so much and i definitely recommend reading it whilst practising yoga and putting it into practise as you go along - gold!

Chocolat - I really loved the film and a friend lent me this book and i devoured it not literally but nearly! I really loved the witchy elements that were more fleshed out in the book - read with chocolate at hand! LOTS of Chocolate!

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - I was really surprised by this one! Normally i like to read fantasy or magic or spiritual type books and have never gotten into any literary type books - i know, tut tut. Any who my sister gave me this to read and i couldn't put it down! I loved the characters so much and the story and I hate war and everything about it and have never had any inclination to read anything about war and even avoid history because of it, again i know tut tut - whatever! But this book really has a big heart - oh how i loved it. I then thought i would like other literary books and tried to read Jane Austen... ha ha and no not for me that was a bad idea! But i did love this one, a nice surprise.

A nameless Witch - I loved this book so much. It was funny and curious and had a way of witnessing our world and making commentary in amongst the fantasy story. Very curious and of course i loved the character of the witch!

Spiritual Astrology - This book is A-MAZE-ING. I had to get my husband to read parts of it to me because it was too much at points to take on and i knew i really needed to absorb the wisdom. You know those fleeting moments when you feel like everything in life just slots together and make sense. Those moments that you know are really significant and you must be present and pay attention - that is this book! Read and meet yourself!

The Four Agreements - A dear friend gave me this and whilst i was reading it i realised i had read it before years ago, but it definitely one of those books you can keep by the bed to read each night! The agreements need to be printed out and put on the toilet door and also mailed to everyone i know - such a beautiful little book

Illiom - Claudio is a beloved teacher and friend of mine and it was really exciting to get to read his book. A new fantasy landscape to escape in full of characters to love, i really enjoyed this book and can't wait for the second book in the trilogy! Also attending Claudio's writing workshop called 'Mythos' this year was an excellent experience! 

The Life you were Born to Live - Another goody like spiritual astrology but using numerology as well - nails it really. Very good for personal awareness and development!

I am really looking forward to reading more next year, to exploring new worlds and meeting new characters and reading more non-fiction spiritual dare i say new-age books! 

What have you loved reading? Can you recommend anything?

Brightest Blessings

0 comments:

Post a Comment