Love Thy Neighbour!

Sun in Aquarius, Moon in Virgo

Hello Sweet Hearts!

Craftiness has been filling my days and i thought i would share some with you all!

Handmade Owl Family
I would firstly like to introduce you to 'The Owlphicks!' Lovingly hand made using vintage, recycled fabrics and buttons, handmade felt and pillow stuffing! 
















I have also leaped into the Japanese crochet world of Amigurami! 

Yoda Amigurami!
Amigurami is basically a small crocheted or knitted animal or object with anthropomorphic features made purely for cuteness! Love it!! So for my first Amigurami goodness i made Yoda!! I found this neat free pattern online at          
happy together creates and i found it pretty darn easy!

Macrame Owl
Crochet Owl Necklace
While we are in the Land of Wool i also made this Crochet Owl Necklace in the style of the 70's Macrame ones- Nothing says retro 70's kitsch much like a macrame owl!! - I found that glorious retro treasure on Etsy at a store called Mother Midnight. My mum collected Owls when she was about my age and i remember a macrame one - it must have been hers and it reminds me of this wee one. Now i collect owls and would love a macrame one... maybe macrame is next on the Crafty To Do list!!






All these little crafty treasures have been made with 100% love for my neighbours for Christmas and the kids birthdays. I love handmade and i love my neighbours - There's nothing like popping next door for a cup of tea, saying hello over the rickety wooden fence and sharing a bunny. 
It is a funny age we live in, where we are strangers living soooo darn close together. Lets encourage community spirit by stopping for a little minute in our busyness to smile and say hello, you may just make a new friend. 

Peace Love Blessed Be






2 comments:

  1. That macrame owl is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you One Fine Pine and hello - I don't know why it has taken me so long to even see this comment - darn it! I hope your world is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete